Last call for 2023 NFFS Scholarship applications! September 15th is the deadline to submit an application for the 2023 NFFS Scholarship award. The scholarship winner will be announced at the Foundry Educational Foundation's (FEF) 2023 College Industry Conference in November. The scholarship amount is $2,500.
In order to apply for a NFFS Scholarship, you must be:
- A North American citizen or permanent resident, and
- An undergraduate student currently enrolled in a college or university and taking at least one course related to cast metal technology OR you must show other tangible efforts toward the pursuit of an education or career in metalcasting (e.g. foundry visits, related extracurricular activities, etc.).
Applicants will be assessed based on the following categories:
- Education - Coursework, GPA, extracurricular activities
- Work Experience - Internship, co-op and work experience
- Essay - Describe in 500 words or less why you are interested in a career in the non-ferrous foundry industry and why you believe you should receive this year's NFFS Scholarship Award.
How to Apply
Students must apply for the NFFS Scholarship through the Foundry Educational Foundation (FEF) website during the application period. Students should first go to www.fefinc.org/students and create an account. Once your account has been created, go to www.fefinc.org/scholarships and choose Non-Ferrous Founders’ Society Scholarship to apply.
The Non-Ferrous Founders’ Society (NFFS) Scholarship Program was created to help develop the next generation of foundry leaders and innovators for our industry. By providing meaningful scholarship support to students considering careers in the foundry industry, NFFS is exposing our nation’s best and brightest to the tremendous opportunities available in non-ferrous foundries.