Careers at NFFS
Career, part time, and internship openings are posted on the NFFS Careers web page. Check the website frequently for employment opportunities with NFFS!
Business Development Manager
Posted: August 28, 2023
Closing Date: September 15, 2023
The Non-Ferrous Founders’ Society (NFFS) is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate senior-level staff member to join our professional team. Our most successful team members have previous experience in working with 501(c)6 trade associations or within the foundry and machining industries. If this sounds like you, and you have a desire to help lead a major segment of the US economy, this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Here at NFFS, we believe in creating innovative membership programs and services that directly benefit our members and our industry. This is your opportunity to join our team and to have an immediate positive impact on our organization and the nonferrous foundry industry as our Business Development Manager.
We are seeking a driven Business Development Manager to assist with the overall growth of the Society and its membership programs. As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and strengthening external relationships, managing customer relations and implementing strategies designed to increase revenue and implement new business opportunities. In addition, you will be responsible for the business development of the Society’s Integrated Casting Order Network (ICON) program. ICON is an online collaborative effort between NFFS and the US Department of Defense to provide innovative procurement solutions for the castings and forgings required by the military and the US war fighter. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Our ideal candidate will have: (Qualifications)
- Proven business development expertise;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external suppliers, customers and other stakeholders as required;
- The ability to identify and develop new business opportunities for NFFS;
- The ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams with multiple stakeholders including public, private and governmental entities;
- A working knowledge of traditional manufacturing methods for cast and forged metal products including casting, forging, and secondary processing such as heat treatment, machining, assembly, and inspection processes;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with trade associations or other not-for-profits is a plus.
Assigned duties (Responsibilities)
- Working closely with the ICON Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of a strategic plan to achieve the revenue and growth targets as outlined in the ICON business plan;
- Evaluating existing partnership and sales efforts to improve program effectiveness and industry participation levels;
- Providing customer feedback and improvement opportunities to the development teams, program stakeholders and governmental entities as appropriate;
- The ongoing engagement with the National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA) and the Forging Industry Association (FIA) in support of the program’s teaming agreements;
- Supporting the ICON management team including representatives from government, military, industry, academia, customer industries and others;
- Developing and implementing an annual marketing campaign to increase awareness of ICON among government, manufacturing and customer industries;
- Supporting the efforts of the ICON Senior Program Manager as required to achieve the annual program goals and objectives.
- Working closely with the Executive Director, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and expanding strategic business relationships to improve the programs and services offered to members and industry;
- Develop and implement an annual plan to improve the utilization rates of existing membership and affinity programs;
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors as required;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director in support of the Society’s mission.
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned goals and responsibilities within the assigned time frames;
- Meets assigned expectations for generating growth and customer engagement;
- Achieves new account acquisition targets
Benefits and Compensation
- NFFS believes a good work-life balance is essential for its team and provides a flexible home-based work schedule.
- Team members also earn a competitive base salary based upon experience and an impressive benefits schedule including:
- Employer paid health insurance;
- 2 weeks paid vacation, increasing with tenure;
- 10 paid holidays per year;
- 401(k) retirement program including annual employer contributions;
- Significant professional development opportunities.
- NFFS provides a stable, world-class work environment with an established management team of seasoned professionals and industry leaders.
Our Mission: Advancing the manufacturing, recycling, and use of nonferrous castings.
Our Vision: The Non-Ferrous Founders' Society will be the elite provider of support, guidance and advocacy for the nonferrous metal casting industry.
How to Apply: Please send a CV and a cover letter describing why you should be our new Business Development Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 15, 2023.